Painted blind rivets – powder coating and hot barrel coating
Painted rivets, which are part of our offer, are made to special customer orders. You can freely modify their colors or choose the painting method, suggesting using products later. Blind rivets are widely used, but most often they are chosen when there is no access to both sides of the joined materials. Thanks to painting, colored rivets gain a more interesting look and are not noticeable. In addition, powder coating makes them resistant to corrosion and protect against weather conditions. We invite You to check our the offer.
We have three lines to paint the rivets: two for hot barrel coating and one for powder coating, enabling colouring rivets according to the full RAL color palette:
As standard, we use powder coating in full gloss (70% gloss), and hot barrel in semi-gloss (50% gloss). In both methods it is possible to colour:
- Mat (30% gloss),
- semi-gloss (50% gloss)
- full gloss (70% gloss)
Needs other than standard finishing should be reported along with the order.
On special request it is possible to colour according to other standards (NCS and others) – we encourage You to contact.
Thanks to our machine park, we are able to provide short delivery times – from one working day.
Sophisticated powder coating technology allows us to paint the mandrel with the flange as standard
For special request we can colour only the flange
Prons of powder coating rivets
- Excellent corrosion protection – paints increase the protection of the raw metal element to the level we obtain with hot-dip zinc coating,
- extended coating durability,
- Very good resistance to various weather conditions,
- Great color resistance to UV rays (longer lasting color),
- It is ecological, thanks to which less waste is created for the environment,
- Allows painting from 1,000 pieces of rivet in color (smaller amounts payable),
- Fast delivery times (from one working day).
Cons of powder coating
- A thick (20 μm) varnish coating on the mandrel causes after 5,000 rivets the requirement to clean the jaw powder in the riveter
We offer powder-coated blind rivets in all materials:
Hot barrel coating
Two hot barrel painting lines allow us to paint the rivet without a mandrel:
We can colour also the rivet and mandrel seperatly
Prons of hot barrel coating:
- Good coavarage,
- No visible stains,
- Fast delivery time for large quantities (approx. 2 weeks for quantities over 250,000),
- High painting performance (250 thousand / day),
- Painting the rivet without the mandrel – saving jaws in the riveter,
- Resistance to UV rays,
- Better control of coating thickness relative to powder coating,
- More economical painting for larger quantities (over 10,000 pieces).
Cons of hot barrel coatings:
- Liquid paints are less ecological than powder ones,
Olfor is the only company in this part of Europe that can boast
- a machine park enabling colouring of rivets over 250 thousand daily,
- cooperation with the best producers of powders and liquid paints for metal elements,
- knowledge and experience necessary to carry out colouring of small metal elements,
- over a 25 million pcs coloured rivets from 2016.